We just had to share this recipe for rose apple pie bites from Cooking With Kate. They are so cute, and easy to make!
Rose Apple Pie Bites
Ingredients: to make 6 roses
- 1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, thawed
- 2 red apples (I used red delicious)
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
- 3 tablespoons of apricot preserve
- powdered sugar for decorating (optional)
Preparation time: about 20 minutes to prepare, plus 45 minutes to bake
- Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature if you haven't done so yet. It should take about 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl half filled with water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper-thin slices. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl so that they won't change color.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 2 1/2 minutes, to make them slightly softer and easy to roll. The apple slices should be cooked just enough to bend without breaking.
- Unwrap the puff pastry over a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough into a rectangular shape of about 12 x 9 inch (30 x 22 cm). Cut the dough in 6 strips, each about 2 x 9 inch (5 x 22 cm).
- In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserve with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute (or warm up on the stove) so that the preserve will be easier to spread. Spread a thin layer of preserve on each strip of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Drain the apples.
- Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another. Make sure the top (skin side) of the slices sticks a little out of the strip. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Leave a comment